Latest Update: August 31, 2022; – This blog will be updated constantly, as soon as new information is available. (zur deutschen Version des Artikels)
If you wish to make a donation to support our brothers and sisters in Ukraine, please click here: Donate
We are passing out gospel tracts, an evangelistic book by Wilhelm Busch and a book by Phil Moser in Ukrainian:
- Ukraininan Gospel Tract „The most important questions you should have the answers to“
- Ukraininan book Safe in the Storm: Biblical Strategies for Overcoming Anxiety
If you are interested, please contact us.
August 31, 2022
Back in May, we asked you to pray for Pastor “A. L.,” a former TMAI student in Ukraine who was taken prisoner by Russian forces. Just a few days ago, our training center leader shared an update on his situation:
“Pastor A. was in custody of the Russian military for several days. During this time, he was tortured. They broke his toes on both feet and they even broke his arm. For more than a week, he was not able to speak. Then, someone had taken him to a local hospital, from which he was able to escape with help from local believers. For the first two weeks after his escape, he was recovering at a friend’s home. Then, by God’s grace, they were able to take him out of that town. It was a very difficult journey. They had to go to Russia first, passing through a number of checkpoints, and then after several days of travel they finally came to Poland, where he reconnected with his wife and some of his children. At this time, he is undergoing treatment in Poland. While doing that, he is preaching the gospel to a multitude of Ukrainian refugees.”
A Ukrainian Sniper
Our team in Ukraine says that Ukrainian soldiers are showing a “tremendous, tremendous openness to spiritual things.” Some soldiers have pleaded for prayer and pocket-sized Bibles, they’ve credited God for their safety on the battlefield, and they’ve promised to come to church after the war. But not everyone is so open. The team also spoke with a sniper who doubted that God’s grace could reach someone like him:
“My wife asked one soldier if he had a relationship with God. He said, ‘No. I’m a sniper. And because of what I do, I don’t think I can have a relationship with God. I kill people.’ My wife replied, ‘But you’re defending your country, your family, your land, and yourself. God understands that, and God does want to have a relationship with you.’ She shared with him how there was a man in the Bible—King David—who was both a mighty warrior and a man after God’s own heart. She then told this sniper how he too could be a good soldier and have a relationship with God. When she said that, you could see on his face that he stopped and thought, ‘Wow, maybe that is a possibility.’ We continue to pray that God will work in his life.”
- In Northern Ukraine – Many stores and pharmacies remain closed, so once the battles began to shift elsewhere, a TMAI graduate began to systematically travel to 20 different towns in order to bring food, medicine, and the gospel to those in need. “In time, people have come to Christ,” said one faculty member. There is now talk of church plants in several of these locations.
- In Northeastern Ukraine – “Some living conditions are unbelievable. People are literally living in rubble, just trying to stack stuff up to make a shelter. One of our graduates is ministering to several towns in that region. He’s providing food, Bibles, literature, and preaching the gospel.”
Near the Frontlines – “We’re working with another pastor who serves in towns that are about a kilometer or two from the front. It’s very intense and very dangerous, but people are there and he’s able to bring food and medicine to help them.”
- Pastors’ Conference: Praise God that GBS was able to host a recent pastors’ conference with 30 attendees. One pastor shared how attending this conference gave him “a short break from intense ministry” as well as an opportunity “to be fed from God’s word and encouraged by fellowship with other pastors.”
Training Resumes: While the invasion put a long pause on formal training, one professor recently said, “We’re back at it now, and thank the Lord that we’re helping our guys finish up their courses. Lord willing, we’ll be able to have a graduation in the end of September.”
- Winter: “Pray for a warm winter. Many, many towns are basically in ruin. We’re trying to think through how we might be able to help people endure the winter without electricity or gas.”
By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast. He loads the thick cloud with moisture; the clouds scatter his lightning. They turn around and around by his guidance, to accomplish all that he commands them on the face of the habitable world. Whether for correction or for his land or for love, he causes it to happen. – Job 37:10-13
Please Pray That:
- God will give wisdom as they prepare for winter
- God would give a mild winter
- God will provide the below items for 200 people:
- Winter Blankets
- Winter Jackets
- Winter pants
- Winter shoes
- Winter socks
- Winter gloves
- Winter underclothing
- Two Generators for Grace Church/Seminary
July 01, 2022
June 29, 2022
Relocating food, gospel centered materials, and supplies within Ukraine has been a very risky and difficult task for the churches out there. Everything is rationed in the city and nothing is usually left for the surrounding villages. Local pastors and Seminary Professors are stretched thin with the means that they have. EBTC has heard about this problem and has been able to meet that need. We have transferred over two full sized serviced and newer vans to the Ukrainian churches! Not only that, but these vans were also fully loaded with food, fuel, books, and gospel centered material with the giving that we have received. Knowing this transfer has taken place was not only very rewarding but a massive encouragement to the pastors. Theses vans will be used to transport the elderly, weak, and supplies throughout central and eastern Ukraine.
Concerning our output, since the last update we have delivered over 28.5 tons of much needed food, books, and supplies! (And that is not including the two vans themselves). And all of these supplies have been used to feed and comfort somewhere up to 15,000 Ukrainian church goers! To receive reports that these supplies are being used day to day to take care of the body of Christ is a major blessing. As Pastor G* has stated, this makes ministering to the souls of the congregation much easier.
We have also been able to help escort some Ukrainians safely out of hot, war zones and to bring others back to their families. A couple families were pastors’ wives and kids who separated during the start of the war. This is also massively encouraging as houses are opened up, beds are made, and comfort in the Lord is given.
Continue to Pray for:
- Unhindered work for the drivers, pastors, and servants who are giving their time and livelihood for God’s kingdom.
- Perseverance for all that are involved in this effort. Particularly, that the strength of the Lord would be with them in this exhausting endeavor.
- Wisdom for the pastors as they are headed deep into “war zones” to pass out supplies and proclaim the gospel.
Finally, we would ask that you prayerfully consider giving to support this work! We are sending four vans full of supplies each week. This cost approximately €5,000 per van each week to cover purchasing the food, fuel, and secondary expenses. If you are part of a church, perhaps you can work together as a church to fund one van full of food ($5,300). This would be a massive blessing to the Ukrainian church. There are endless physical needs but, more importantly, there are real Gospel opportunities in the midst of this crisis. Each opportunity can bring people to a saving faith in Christ and into His kingdom. We need your support! You can support by clicking here.
Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
Matthew 25: 37-40
May 02, 2022
Last week, four Americans did deliver medical supplies and food to Ukraine from Poland.
Last week, four sea containers arrived to store additional food. On Friday, we received approximately 18.5 tons of food! We will be sending this to Ukraine over the coming weeks and are so thankful for God’s provisions for these items. We also have a number of updates on the books and bibles we are printing and delivering to Ukraine!
We will be printing 10,000 copies of the book Just like Jesus. The author is working right now on a children’s version, which we hope to print many copies of in the coming weeks
- We are partnering with another organization to deliver 30,000 copies of the Gospel of John
- We are partnering with another organization to fundraise to print 100,000 bibles
Please pray for
- Safety for this team this week
- All of our printing efforts, as these books and bibles have the truth of God’s Word which the people desperately need
- Gospel opportunities, that God uses this medicine and food to reach people for the Gospel!
Finally, we would ask that you prayerfully and earnestly consider giving to support these efforts. In addition to the printing efforts, we are sending four vans full of supplies each week, which cost approximately €5,000 per van each week to cover purchasing the food, fuel, and incidental costs. You can support by clicking here. If you are part of a church, perhaps you strive as a church to fund one van full of food ($5,000), or a van full of medical supplies ($10,000). There are endless physical needs but, more importantly, there are real Gospel opportunities in the midst of this crisis that can bring people to a saving faith in Christ. We need your support to aid the Ukrainian churches in using these opportunities.
“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak”
April 25, 2022
We have been so encouraged to hear how the Lord is working in Ukraine these past few weeks! Yesterday we received the following message from pastor O.*:
V.* and his son A.* came to us when the war started from Harkiv. They stayed with us, and yesterday I baptized them as they want to follow Christ!
Pastor Oleg prays before he baptizes two new believers, who are refugees from Harkiv
This week we have sent another 12,000kg of supplies, including food, more than 1,000 bibles, books for new believers, and medicine. Our team spent about 4 hours praying with and encouraging the Ukrainian believers when they delivered the goods this week.
After arriving in Ukraine, the goods are unloading from our vans into vans from Ukrainian churches, who take the supplies further eastward.
Our drivers and Ukrainian believers fellowship after unloading the supplies
We also received four sea containers, which will allow us to store more food that we can send to Ukraine. Next week we will send more food along with a large shipment of medicine.
Please be praying for:
- Medicine. Purchasing and shipping medicine can be very costly and complicated. Please pray that we are able to get discounts wherever possible, and that shipping is smooth.
- Persistence. Ukrainian pastors work very hard and need your prayers to keep going faithfully.
- The Gospel. The delivery of bibles and books for new believers will be used by Ukrainian churches to spread the gospel and evangelize people as they get food. Please pray that God continues to open hearts during this time. He is in control of salvation!
We are encouraged by the bond and fellowship we have with these Ukrainian churches. Though we are separated by nearly a thousand kilometers and are from different countries, we are united in Christ and all serve the same King!
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
April 14, 2022
Good morning brothers and sisters! We are coming to the end of our biggest week yet. We are so thankful for how God has provided us to serve the Ukrainian churches!
As mentioned previously, we are taking the aid into western Ukraine. From there, Ukrainian believers take the aid into eastern areas. We just got the below update from pastor O.* in I.*:
We took aid to brother E.*, who is church planting in Y.* (70km from us). It is a tourist city and they have many refugees from Mariupol and Harkiv. He is visiting them and distributing food. Next Sunday they will start their first church service in a new building! Please pray for this church plant, that God would reach many unbelievers through this church!
A delivery arrived in Kyiv with food yesterday and we were able to encourage the Kyiv pastors!
We are halfway through our biggest week and have already delivered the 12 tons of food and supplies to Ukraine! We are planning to send another 12 tons next week, and will also be sending 20,000 gospel tracts on Monday so that the gospel can be shared with food. In everything we do, we want to make sure that the gospel is shared so people can come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
We also delivered the offroad truck to Ukraine so believers can take aid into areas where roads have been destroyed. Thank you for praying for and supporting this!
Two recent deliveries of food arrived at our Berlin warehouse! These will be sent out next Monday.
We are continuing to fundraise for two more vans to donate to Ukrainian churches. These vans would be used to distribute aid and gospel tracts, and to take refugees out of some cities. Can you please consider partnering with us financially to purchase these vans? You can donate by clicking this link.
Please continue to pray for:
- Wisdom. There are so many decisions to make, and limited resources
- Endurance. Ukrainian pastors are working very hard and need your prayers to press on faithfully
- The gospel. Ultimately, everything we do is to proclaim that Jesus Christ died to save sinners. We are striving to build up the church through our efforts.
- We need your prayers! Thank you for all your prayers and support. We will continue to keep you updated on how you can pray for us and the Ukrainian believers.
The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit. (James 5:16-18)
April 12, 2022
Good morning brothers and sisters,
We are so thankful for what we were able to accomplish last week! Here is what we were able to send to Ukraine through your support and God’s providence:
- Approximately 5,600kg (approximately 12,300lbs) of food
- 6 boxes of medical supplies
This aid was sent to several areas in western Ukraine. Ukrainian believers are now taking the aid eastward in vans which we have donated to them. So far, we have donated 4 vans to Ukrainian churches!
This coming week, we plan to:
- Deliver a pickup truck to Ukraine tomorrow for them to drive supplies into areas where roads have been destroyed and traditional vehicles cannot drive
- Send a total of 12,000 kg (approximately 26,500lbs) of food this week, including 2,600kg of food that departed today. This will be our biggest week so far!
- Deliver two gasoline generators so the churches have emergency power
- Distribute gospel tracts, bibles, and new believer books with the food. We will have 30,000 tracts delivered on Wednesday!
- Purchase two more vans to give to Ukrainian churches
A trailer we recently purchased to allow even more food to be brought to Ukraine
This coming week will be the biggest week of orders and shipments we have done yet! We have the food to fill up the shipments going out this week and, thanks to your support, are able to purchase the food for the coming weeks.
With each shipment of food we provide gospel tracts so the Ukrainian churches can evangelize to the lost when they distribute food. However, we need your help to purchase the two additional vans. They cost a total of €35,000. We need this in addition to what is already being given for food and medical supplies.
Can you prayerfully consider partnering with us in this? You can give through clicking on this link. This will allow the Ukrainian churches to drive even more food and supplies throughout Ukraine.
„Now to Him who is able to protect you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory, blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority before all time and now and forever. Amen“ (Jude 24-25)
April 8, 2022
This past week has been very busy and God has answered many prayer requests! We delivered 6 boxes of medical supplies to I.*, and 8 pallets of food to a school in L.* which is housing 150 refugees. The school staff cried as we unloaded so much food for them.
We were also able to meet with two of the Ukrainian pastors while in Ukraine. They express heartfelt gratitude at the support they have received thus far, and note that they will need assistance for months to come as they continue to feed and house refugees and rebuild their homes, churches, and communities.
We asked that you prayed for:
- An offroad vehicle to reach the hardest-hit areas. By God’s grace, we have found a vehicle and are purchasing tomorrow.
- Safety for drivers. Thankfully, all drivers have safely travelled into and out of Ukraine this past week, though several have been in danger at times.
- Literature to get to our Ukrainian brothers and sisters, so they can share the gospel with unbelieving neighbors when they distribute relief. We are grateful to report that we have printed more than 30,000 gospel tracts, bibles, and new believer books to be sent to Ukraine!
- That we receive more food to send to Ukraine. God has worked mightily! In the past week alone, we have ordered 30 pallets of pasta, rice …
- Financial support. By God’s grace, we have continued to raise support to purchase vehicles, printers, tarps, food, and medical supplies. We are able to meet the needs of our Ukrainian brothers and sisters through your support!
Please continue to pray for the following:
- Safety for drivers. We are sending 2-4 shipments per week, and the drivers need prayer for so much driving into and out of Ukraine. They are driving into dangerous areas and need God’s protection.
- Partnerships with other churches and organizations. We met with several London churches and a Christian mission organization this past week. Please pray that these meetings bear fruit and we are able to partner together to bring aid and the gospel into Ukraine.
- Endurance for EBTC staff. They are working long hours to coordinate aid, order supplies, and speak with Ukrainian pastors to understand what is needed. This is all on top of their regular jobs.
- Endurance for Ukrainian staff. They are facing many trials and are working very hard to serve their churches during this time.
- Continual financial support.
- Above all, that God would use this ministry to bring people to a saving faith in Christ alone.
Blessed be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).
April 6, 2022
Today the transporters arrived safely in Germany. One trip takes about 48 hours. Today this Sprinter has been loaded again and will leave for Ukraine tomorrow morning. The food and books have been transported to Kiev. From there it will be sent to the churches in the war zones.
April 4, 2022
Several transports are on their way to Ukraine. An American has come to Germany to do several tours. Preparations for more relief goods are underway, but they pose certain logistical challenges.
The situation in the war zones is very difficult. Some drivers have come under fire and it took several attempts before they were able to break through into one of the cities. 70 % of the city C.* has been destroyed. We are planning a delivery into that city soon. Our drivers managed to reach T.* and were able to deliver a generator and gas stoves, among other things.
In the capital city, G.* and the church handed out over 200 bags of food and gospel tracts. They had multiple conversations about the gospel and invited many to their church service on Sunday.
- Pray that the people will come to church on Sunday and hear the word of God.
- Pray for the drivers who are on the road again to drive to Ukraine.
- Praise God for all the literature handed out and for the gospel opportunities despite the difficult circumstances.
March 31, 2022
Today, we picked up Phil Moser’s book “Safe in the storm” in Russian at the printing facility. Several thousands of books are already on their way into Ukraine, to be distributed amongst the churches.
Several transports have arrived at their destination – one load delivered to the capital and the others delivered directly to the war zones. Unfortunately, shelling on Kyiv has not been scaled back. On the contrary, our brothers and sisters tell of massive attacks on the city. One of our pastors is trying his utmost to take care of the church during this challenging time without water, heating, or electricity. Thank you for your prayers and financial support! The gratitude of our brothers and sisters can hardly be put into words.
- The quick printing of the books
- Safe passage for the drivers in Ukraine
- The many opportunities for the local churches to be a witness through the distribution of food and literature
- That we have more and more ways to access food. We are now in direct contact with two food manufacturers who provide us with several tons of food.
- The financial resources we receive from the global church
- For the wives and children who lost their husbands and fathers
- That many will receive the books and that in His mercy God will save many!
- We are looking for a cross-country vehicle to give to our brothers and sisters. Many roads in the war zones are otherwise inaccessible.
- For the believers in Russia, some of whom we know personally. Our brothers and sisters are almost completely cut off from financial support and contact to other believers. Most payment options no longer work as everything has been disconnected. There are still some ways to work around these sanctions but it is difficult.
A few pictures from our drivers in Ukraine:
March 30, 2022
We received the sad news that 5 brothers in Christ died in Mariupol serving people in a bomb shelter, handing out food. Please pray for their wives and children.
March 29, 2022
Tonight, two sprinter vans with trailers will be on their way to the churches in Ukraine. One of them will pick up the book „Safe in the Storm“ (in Russian) from a printing facility in Poland and bring it to Ukraine.
- Pray for the drivers
- Pray for the books and food to get to the churches
- Praise: Our Ukrainian driver got out of Ukraine (after several hours‘ debate with the border guards)
March 28, 2022
Tomorrow evening, two sprinters and two trailers will be on their way to I.* in Western Ukraine. It is our biggest tour yet! On the way back we will pick up two sisters who will receive medical treatment in Berlin.
Yesterday and today, several drivers have been on the road, taking food, literature and medical supplies to the churches in the war zones. In some cases the only passage way into town is via boat, as bridges have been bombed and the roads are too dangerous.
March 26, 2022
Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer! It is such a privilege to be serving the living and true God. In the midst of all the suffering and terrible news, our God is making sure that the good news goes forth and reaches into the war-torn areas.
One transport van drove all the way to the eastern city S.*. Many people there are standing in line for some food. They also each receive a gospel book. Please keep praying that many will be saved and will find true peace.
On receiving the food and the book, one elderly sister said, “Thank you, dear brothers and sisters, for the books. We will read them ourselves and then pass them on.”
March 24, 2022
Update from tonight: Finally they arrived in Kiev. The Sprinter van was repaired and the goods were delivered to the church/seminary. Praise the Lord!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. – Psalms 46,1-3
Today we learned that our brothers didn’t make it to Kiev. One of the vans broke down on the way. But even amidst these difficulties, God provided for everything. The alternator of one of the sprinter vans failed. The brothers drove on until the battery was completely empty and the van would no longer keep going. As you can imagine, being stranded with a broken vehicle in the middle of a war zone is no minor issue. By the Lord’s providence, however, a perfect stranger switched batteries with our drivers, so that the sprinter van made it to the next town at least. There, they were even able to place an order for the defective part. It is to be replaced today.
- Please keep praying for safe passage for our brothers.
- Pray that the van can be repaired as quickly as possible.
- Give thanks to our God for His provision and His mercy.
- Praise God for all the literature and food loaded on the vans.
- Pray that many believers will be encouraged and that many unbelievers will be reached with the gospel.
Accessing food supplies in Berlin is getting more and more challenging. If you know someone who could supply larger quantities, please contact us. (We would gladly take whole pallets and more.) We would need the following items:
- Canned vegetables
- Canned meat
- Tomato Sauce
- Bandages/Dressing/First-aid kits
- Sunflower oil (or something similar)
- Baby foods (milk powder, puree, diapers)
- Ukrainian bibles
(No glass containers and no perishable foods that spoil quickly, please)
March 23, 2022
Our drivers have arrived in Ukraine. Several brothers from Kiev have picked up one transport van and are on their way back. The second transport van is going to the church in I. Pray for all who are on the road. We have not received any more information yet and pray that they will arrive safely.
March 21, 2022
Tomorrow morning, two of our transport vans will leave for Ukraine. One of them will be picked up in western Ukraine and taken to K.*. Among other goods, food, generators and gas cookers will be delivered. Several churches are already without electricity and gas. Please pray for safe passage, especially in Ukraine.
Yesterday, Pastor I.* and his family arrived at the location of our partnering school in K.*. The family will now stay at the training center/church and assist on-site. Over the last two days, they hosted 28 people who made a stop at the church on their way to West Ukraine. By God’s providence, these people pass by the church and get a chance to hear the gospel en-route to safety.
In the picture: Pastor I.* and his family. As always, for security reasons, names and place names will not be disclosed in full and some faces will be blurred.
Today, we received a shipment of relief goods, to be taken to Ukraine tomorrow. In this, too, we see the Lord’s provision for us and our brothers and sisters. Thank you for partnering with us in prayer and giving! We are excited to see how God will use you to lend a helping hand to those in need.
In the pictures:
The supplies that arrived at the warehouse in Berlin today.
A truck load of aid that has reached a war-torn city in Ukraine.
Gospel tracts and the book “Jesus, our Destiny”. These are taken to Ukraine together with the relief goods.
Pastor O.* from West Ukraine sent us this video. West Ukraine is now also increasingly exposed to shelling.
March 19, 2022
Not much happened yesterday but we have all the more to share today. Our driver made it to the border, but because he has a Ukrainian passport, he was not granted passage into the country. By God’s providence, he was permitted to at least cross the border into Poland. Our brothers from the church in I.* were also granted passage into the in-between space of Poland and Ukraine, so that the brothers were able to meet on the frontier. Praise God for His mercy and provision in spite of all the challenges! Several brothers from the church in I.* then drove the aid into the perilous areas in the East. One driver was sent to a city which is all over the news these days and known for its precarious humanitarian situation and its massive destruction. We had not heard from Pastor I.*, his wife N.* and the church there in days, so we were prepared for the worst. The driver was asked to look for them. God has answered our prayers! The families were found and will be evacuated to a different city tomorrow.
- Praise God for His goodness in all the suffering.
- Praise God for His provision of aid and safe passage for the drivers.
- Praise God for His timely provision of food and literature.
- Praise God that Pastor I.* and his family were found.
- For more drivers to make the trips from Germany
- That God would strengthen and encourage the hearts of our brothers and sisters in Ukraine
- That many would come to know Christ and be saved through the literature that’s being passed out
March 18, 2022
Our driver arrived safely at the Ukrainian border. More updates to follow.
PRAISE: We were able to purchase a second sprinter van to make more trips to our brothers and sisters.
March 17, 2022
Our driver is on his way to Ukraine. Please pray for safe passage. Pray that he would be able to leave Ukraine again. (He lives in Germany but has a Ukrainian passport. Men with a Ukrainian passport are no longer permitted to cross the border into Poland.)
March 16, 2022
Tomorrow morning, another sprinter van loaded with food and literature will depart for Ukraine. The brothers will set off from Berlin and meet with believers of the Ukrainian church in I.*. Please pray for safe passage. Pray that they will be able to cross the border and that the relief supplies and the literature will strengthen the hearts of the believers. Pray that many unbelievers will be reached with the gospel.
This morning, at 6am, the house of a staff member family was hit by a rocket. Praise God, they were in a bomb shelter, and they were not hurt.
PLEASE PRAY FOR PASTOR I.* and his wife N. We have not heard from him today and are concerned for him, his wife, and family. Please join us in prayer for him and his family.
March 15, 2022
- Pray to the Lord to send out labourers. We need drivers who are willing to take food supplies and literature into West Ukraine. (The distribution inside of Ukraine is handled by the brothers in Ukraine.)
- Pray for the brothers who are undertaking these perilous trips into the war zones.
- Pray for access to large quantities of food.
- Pray that the literature we ordered will be delivered shortly.
March 14, 2022
G.*, training center leader in Kyiv: PRAY FOR PASTOR O.* and his ministry in I.*:
- High turnout for the church service on Sunday, many new faces.
- Successful transport of humanitarian aid from Germany, coordinated by EBTC.
- Financial support for the purchase of food and fuel, to take to those in need.
- Pray for the necessary means to provide for the 400 refugees in I.* and the orphans from K.*
- Pray for the safety of the brother taking a truck full of humanitarian goods to the people in S.*
- Pray for a safe route to take the humanitarian goods to the people in K.*
PLEASE ALSO PRAY FOR:
- The EBTC is looking for one or several sprinter vans (9 seater) to continue the transport of food and literature to our brothers and sisters in Ukraine
- Access to great quantities of food, which are not available at the moment
Thank you, dear brothers and sisters, for standing with us in prayer!
March 13, 2022
Our brothers driving to Ukraine, distributing food at the border and at the church
March 12, 2022
Today, the second van arrived in Ukraine. Our brothers met with believers from the church in I.*. For safety concerns, our drivers no longer drive in Ukraine. Today’s transport was handled by the church ERB in Frankfurt. Three brothers drove all night to deliver bibles and food to our brothers and sisters in West Ukraine. Unfortunately, our own sprinter van broke down in Ukraine. The driver managed to return the van to Berlin, but at the moment we no longer have our own vehicle. Access to food also poses a great challenge. We are currently printing thousands of evangelistic tracts in Ukrainian. The tract was developed by Pastor O.* and will be passed out in Germany and Poland but also brought to Ukraine. We were also able to procure the evangelistic book Jesus, our Destiny in Ukrainian. If you would like to order the book, just e-mail us. We cannot sell the books through our online store. Our two missionaries are still in Ukraine. One of them is still holding church services in Kyiv. The other has left Kyiv but is still in the country. He has helped several church members relocate to safer cities or countries. Recently though, bombs hit an airport in West Ukraine, calling into question the overall safety of the West Ukrainian cities. Our missionary is praying for wisdom to decide whether or not he should travel to West Ukraine to help his church members there. Fuel shortage and mechanical problems increase the risk of being stranded somewhere without help.
* We keep in close personal contact with our missionaries and students at our partnering bible school in Ukraine. They keep us well informed of their situation. For security reasons, names and place names will not be disclosed in full.